How to downgrade iTunes 10.5 Beta to 10.3.x
Having recently tested out the new iOS 5 Beta/iTunes 10.5 I decided to downgrade my setup back to 4.3.3 due to some software incompatibilities with some daily used apps. I have written up the process to help anyone else out who may be in the same boat. If have not already downgraded iOS to 4.3.3 then I recommend the guide that TiPb posted a few days ago.
This guide will step you through downgrading your iTunes from the 10.5 Beta (required for iOS 5 Beta) back to the current version 10.3.1. I assume no responsibility if you do this wrong and break your library.
1) Download latest stable iTunes from apples website.
2) Un-install iTunes Beta 10.5 from your computer from Add/Remove Programs/Programs & Features
3) Install iTunes 10.3.1
4) Once iTunes has installed, make sure you do not tick to launch iTunes.
5) Navigate to your iTunes library folder. In My case (Win7) it was stored in c:\Users\Username\Music\Itunes
6) Rename iTunes Library.itl to something like iTunes Library.bak
7) In the iTunes folder you should see a folder called Previous iTunes Libraries, go into this folder and look for the most recent dated file. This should be dated about the time that you installed the 10.5 update.
8) Copy this file back to the root iTunes folder and rename to iTunes Library.itl
At this point, I would recommend re-scanning your media folders if you have added any new media whilst using 10.5 as your library file wont know they are there, and it may be worth running a sync with your devices to make sure all is ok.
If you have any questions or problems please leave a comment below.
- Fix iTunes Always Wanting to Restore or set up as new iPhone / iPod Just a quick post to help people out with this...
- Dropbox Beta (Update: ALL INVITES GONE) UPDATE: Sorry all invites are now gone. Just been invited...
- Transfer Camera Roll from your old Iphone 2G/3G to 3GS Hey all just a quick post. If you want to...